Friday, April 27, 2012

DIY Pallet Garden

OK, I saw this on pinterest and decided I had to make one!  I decided I wanted mine to be stained tho so that added a few extra steps.  

First Find a pallet you like,  I had a few to choose from but only decided one was worth saving.

 Second, I sanded the black spots off with a sander thinking it might show through the stain.  My stain turned out a lot blacker than I intended it to be so I probably could have skipped this step.

 Next, I stained it. Be sure to have something under it so you don't stain the floor.

Then, using Landscape Fabric, I cut strips and stapled them inside trying my best to hide the staples.  Remember dirt and plants go in so its not a huge deal if its not perfect.

Close up of finished pockets.

 Move to desired location and add dirt.

 Arrange how you want the plants to go.

 Plant them!

 Water, and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment